How To Find A Steady Source Of Income: 10 Tips For Freelance Writers
As a freelancer, one of the most difficult things you need to do is to obtain a stable, monthly income. You need to be sure that you have a constant payment even if you do not have an official salary. Sure enough, there are many problems you are facing in your career, but this does not have to be one of them. Here are some tips on how to find a steady source of income:
- As a freelance writer, you certainly have a profile that the possible clients can visit. Make sure to mention explicitly that you are available for long-term work and that you welcome customers who are willing to have an extended collaboration with you.
- When you apply for jobs, apply for the ones that can offer you the possibility of a longer partnership. For example, if you write an e-book there is a big chance that is a singular job. However, if you have to write a few hundred articles in a few months, this will bring you a stable source of money at least for the next period.
- Offer your services to clients. When you finished with a customer, let him know that you are open for another project from him. Many clients just do not ask again for your services, but they will offer if you give them a hint.
- Work with companies. Companies have a significant volume of articles that they need to submit every day, so they need constant, reliable writers to deliver content for an extended period.
- Sign a contract. There are many clients that are willing to sign a contract with you for incoming projects, if it’s beneficial for both of you. This means that you will work for a lower price, but you will be sure you have your payment on time.
- Work for magazines/blogs. These need to post content at least every few days if not daily. You can be sure that once their audience likes your text, they will hire you again.
- Offer discounts for large projects. If a client sees that it will be a good business, he will be willing to hire you for extended periods of time. This will save him some money, and he will have a freelancer to count on.
- Apply for jobs regularly. You need to be present on the market if you want to get work all the time. If you request a job just once in a while and you are waiting for the clients to search for you, there will not be much left.
- Join freelancers team. They usually take tremendous projects, and each one of them is having daily work.
- Be irreplaceable. If you want to make your customer a constant one, you need to give him what other freelancers can’t. Even if we are talking about a flat rate or extremely high quality, you need to be indispensable.