How To Become A Freelance Nutrition Writer: 5 Good Hints For Starters
If you want to start your freelance writing career as a nutrition write it is important that you follow these tips:
- 1. Make sure you find a reputable third party freelance platform to use when you are searching for jobs. If you try and find freelance jobs on your own, you may not be able to get the jobs that you want, or you may not be able to find many jobs. But if you work with a professional third party platform you will have hundreds of jobs at your disposal every day. Some of the top rated websites will have new jobs posted regularly, which should help you find jobs that you really enjoy.
- 2. When you turn to a third party site, you want to create a comprehensive profile and have a portfolio. A portfolio is something that is very important because it is a collection of sample pieces that a potential client can review before they hire you to make sure that you are a good fit. Without something like this, they will have no way of telling what you have to offer.
- 3. If you have a thorough profile they will be able to see your resume and information about your skills first hand before hiring you. The nice thing about working with some of the top two freelance third party platforms is that they give you the opportunity to take tests pertaining to each skillset you have to offer. These test results will show on your profile if you want, so that potential clients can actually see what it is you have to offer and how well you stack up to the other freelancers online.
- 4. You have the opportunity to evaluate potential clients before you bid on their jobs too. You can see what other freelance writers have had to say about their work and how professional they are. You can see what other jobs they have posted and whether they often hire the most experienced writer or the least expensive writer. This might dictate how you bid on their job too.
- 5. You should always communicate professionally with any client you have even if they are simply sending out an inquiry. This will help you to remain professional and to get top notch clients who respect your work and your work ethic. Never speak inappropriately to clients, especially online because that information can and will be used against you should a legal team be brought in.