Where To Search For Legit Freelance Writing Jobs Online: 7 Places To Check
Many of us do not have the opportunity to work from an office for various reasons like personal commitments, physical weakness or because we are still a student pursuing our studies or a home maker who cannot leave her children alone at home to go to work. So the demand for part-times from home is always ever increasing.
Freelance writing jobs are perhaps the most popular and sought after type of job that can be done from home. However, in the search for freelancing jobs, often one fall victim to fraudulence and many soon lose interest in the fear of being repeatedly cheated. However if one is careful to note the following things while applying for freelancing jobs, then finding legit ones won’t prove to be a difficulty again. No one can guarantee fool-proof remedies to the issue of fraud but you can do your best to take the necessary preventives.
Things to be kept in mind to determine the authenticity of the jobs offered:
- Are you asked to pay a high registration deposit before starting to work? If yes, be careful of this offer. Usually the ones who do not demand any fees are more reliable and would not vanish once you have paid the fees.
- Go through the social profile of the employer if you can. This reveals a great deal about the person.
- The amount offered as payment also determines the chances of being fake or legit. If you are offered an unusually high amount as payment it is likely to be not paying you at all. Be aware of the average payments for freelancers and tally that with what you are being offered.
From where can you find legit freelance writing jobs? Here are seven possible places you can check.
- Paid career and job related sites which mentions bringing in freelancing jobs for the registered user are likely to contend some number of genuine offers. Also there are many exclusive sites for freelancers alone.
- Advertisements sites where employers often put up advertisements for prospective writers.
- Social media sites where you happen to know the employer in person.
- Applying through the “career with us” or similar options present in your favorite and renowned blogs.
- Advertisements section of reputed magazines and newspapers.
- Through a fellow freelance writer whom you happen to know well.
- On rare occasions, putting up an advertisement as a freelance writer who is looking for a job also helps but much of these depend on sheer luck. But once your talent as a writer is recognized, you are likely to get more assignments that are genuine.